Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lie Log

So we were given this assignment in AP Psychology, to record every time you lie for seven days straight. Of course I wasn't planning on taking it seriously, but on the first day I was supposed to start recording I noticed something that was very unsettling. I lied a lot more than I thought I did. When I was finished with the project and was typing my reflection for it, I was astounded by the number. I mean it wasn't really that high of a number, but for someone who walks the past following Christ, it was a disappointing number. Truthfully, I was just surprised at how many times the lies I told were completely unnecessary. Of course, all lies are unnecessary, but most of the ones were just plain stupid, and easily could have been avoided. It's amazing how I didn't even notice this until I was given an assignment that made me realize it. From now on, I'm going to watch what I say, and I may even keep a real lie log to keep me in check.

1 comment: