Sunday, September 5, 2010

Recap of Summer.

This summer was one of the hardest for me to get through, which means it was also one of the most stretching summers. God stretched me in so many different ways. He tested my patience, my ability to trust, my flexibility and so many other things. In one of the first weeks of the summer, something happened in my life that taught me to really, truly talk to God about my problems and issues. I had to 100 % lean on what Christ was telling me and directing me to do. Although my mind and my own feelings were telling me to do one thing, I knew the Holy Spirit was telling me differently. I really learned how to trust the Lord when he is directing me.

Another big thing that God taught me this summer, was to really let people help me. At camp this year I was really pushed to lean on others, it was one of the most exhausting weeks of my life. So I really learned that I couldn't do it all on my own, I needed to lean on the others counselors, my co-counselor, etc. Camp was another place where my patience was testing in several different occasions, but because of that, it made me really aware that I needed to talk to the Lord about it. I talked to the Lord so much during that week, which made me realize I don't talk to him near as much as I should.

My missions trip to Chicago taught me again to lean on my team members, and on Christ. But it also taught me how to be a better leader, since this was the first missions trip I was a leader for. One of the best experiences of my life, and I am thankful for that trip. I was very hesitant to go on this trip for several different reasons but God was teaching me to trust him completely and just jump in head first. I did, and it was so incredibly worth it.

I think the most important thing I learned this summer was definitely how to forgive. Something happened this summer that i became extremely bitter about, and very angry toward someone. At least that's how it started, but what God was seeking desperately for me to grasp was the fact that I needed to forgive. Papa B has always said in his messages, "hurt people, hurt people." I had to remember that. So even though I was hurt by someone and something, I had to remember they did this because they as well are hurting. Even though I so badly wanted to be so upset, I knew I had to just pray for this person because they wouldn't have done what they did if they weren't hurting. Instead of lashing out and being angry, I just needed to passionately pray for them.

The Lord softened my heart to lot's of people and lot's of things this past summer. One of my role models and I decided this was going to be the summer of Reconciliation. It was definitely that. I am truly blessed with an amazing Father in Heaven, who only wants the best for me. Praise the Lord!!

1 comment:

  1. If blogs had a like button I would like this a thousand times! Hooray for the Summer of Reconciliation!!!! I am so proud of you. You leaned in and pushed forward in so many ways this summer. I can't wait to see what the recap of your first year of college will entail!!!

    ReplyDelete