Tuesday, November 3, 2009

the greatest place on earth...

AH Camp Adventure.. just hearing the name gives me chills. Now if you don't know about CA, I'm going to tell you a little bit about it. I have gone to camp ever since I was in 6th grade, which was also the year when I gave my life to Christ for the first time. Every year since I learn more and more and get tested more as well. Camp is a place where I get the chance to share my expierences from past years with middle schoolers. It's a chance to do things like; Paintball, Canoe, Blob, High Ropes, Valley Games and a Slip n Slide with my co counselor and our group of kids. I was a camper for 4 years and a counselor for the last 3 years. I have met some of the greatest people who have changed my life and made some relationships, where they are some of my absolute best friends. To be able to worship my Savior like CRAZY with my best friends..
can it get any better? Wow. now I REALLY want to go to camp.

This was probably one of my favorite years of camp. I was tested, pushed, and shaped in many different ways. I had the honor of being in my favorite cabin again...CEDAR with the great Maddie Helman! 2 amazing years with that amazing girl in that awesome cabin. I CE YUR DARR! I was also once again in the greatest cluster ever.. OXFORD with some of my best friends! I was also so blessed with an AMAZING co counselor this year, who happens to be one of my oldest and closest friends.. JUSTIN HOLLAND. I was soooooo excited when I found out he was my co co, because I automatically realized how much fun we were going to have! Justin has been my friend since 3rd grade, so you could say we have been through pretty much everything. So this year at camp, Justin and I got the chance to push eachother to be the people God made us to be and we knew we eachother could be. We hold eachother accountable for things we learned at camp and appy when we got back home. We are both seniors this year, and we knew it was going to be one of the most memoriable years but also one of the hardest, so it's great that we have eachother to lean on. We had some pretty crazy adventures at camp, all the way from almost being attacked by something the night before the campers came, to me NAILING him in the middle of the head in paintball :) but we also go the opportunity to worship side by side and share our testimonies and our life experiences with some amazing middle schoolers, and for that I am forever grateful. Before camp I prayed really hard for God to really test me this year, and with Justin that definitely happened, and for that I am so grateful to J himself but also our our fantastic directors who put us together.



Another way I was tested was by the group of kids that I had. The girls that I had were so amazing but they did not go to GCC and had never been to camp before, so I was a little worried about how they would adapt to camp life. Most of the campers that go to camp also go to our church and have already experienced how we worship and how we do things at camp but my girls had no idea. But my girls were so open minded about everything and had no problem adapting at all! First night of worship I was so impressed with how fast my girls caught onto the energy we have during worship. The Lord blessed me with the sweetest girls and the most hilarious boys! Justin and I never had a dull moment with our kids, that's for sure. The second day of camp, one of my girls broke her nose on the blob, so there was another opportunity for God to test me. But with the GREATEST directors, the CRAZIEST group of counselors, a FANTASTIC co counselor, and the PRESENCE and POWER of Jesus Christ, I had one of the greatest years at camp!! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment