Saturday, November 28, 2009

Home is never too far away...

This thanksgiving was a bit different than others. We usually spend thanksgiving with the Ditto side of the family, but my dad had knee surgery the day before. So instead we went to my favorite place (aka. Holland, Michigan) to spend it with my moms side. We had an amazing day with my fabulous aunt, my great uncle who just got home from Israel, and my four fantastic cousins.



Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, (and that's not because it's an entire day of eating) but its because you get to spend it with amazing people. I have been so fortunate with the family I have been blessed with. There is no better way to start a thanksgiving meal, then to gather around the table, grab hands with your loved ones, and thank God for everything he has given you. I have been blessed with a heathly, supportive, loving family who helps to guide me in my walk with Christ.

One of the big reasons why I wanted to go to Hope college, was because of the fact that it is 5 minutes down the road from this amazing family. My mom and aunt kathy were raised by my inspiring grandpa to praise the Lord in everything you do. They are both amazingly strong women in their faith, and inspire many people. Also, with my Uncle being an outstanding pastor at a church right nearby Hope, there is plenty of love in their house. One of my biggest fears in leaving for college is leaving my supportive family, and my church. But I now know that even by leaving my mom, dad and sister I will be moving to be with a family that closely resembles my own immediate family. So unlike most freshmen, I'm not worried about not having the support or encouragment I'll need in my first year in college. I'm excited for what God has planned for me in this new exciting chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment