Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shelter: Psalm 91...



My favorite part of these trips is being with all the kids. We spend time with pretty much 2 groups of kids. There are the Monantial/Imperio De Amor kids from the children's homes like Flor(below) and then the Cadareyta kids like Nacho(above.) These kids are some of the most energetic and loving kids you will ever meet. Even though we cannot understand eachother verbally, the body language we share speaks louder than any words could. It's awesome to see some of the same kids every year, and even better when some actually remember you! It amazes me everytime I go how kids who have so little, have so much love to give. Their attitudes inspire me to be a better person myself. God's light just shines so bright through these kids. We go there to pour into them and to help them, but along with us doing that they do the same for us. These children will always hold a special place in my heart and my prayers.






I have spent a week in Monterrey, Mexico for the past 3 summers and every year is different. A group of high schoolers and leaders from GCC go down to Monterrey every summer and partner with an organization called Back2Back. The first two years I went, it really stretched me and made me learn alot about myself. God taught me all sorts of things that changed my life when I returned home. This summer was a little different. Of course I learned stuff about myself and my team. But this summer God taught me more about himself then anything. The theme this summer was Shelter based off of Psalm 91. We studied it throughout the whole week and were challenged to really think about shelter and how we perceive it. Through ALOT of prayer throughout the whole week and time with my small group I left Mexico that Saturday with a whole new perspective of God and the shelter he gives us. Mexico is the one place that stretches me more than anywhere else I wouldn't change my experiences there for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment